65 Years of Heritage
Shaw Sheet Metal operated for 65 years as a family owned and run business in Shaw, near Oldham, Lancashire. Set up by the Hartley family in 1949, it occupies a site that was formerly the Beal Mill in the mid 1800s. The company provided metalwork, maintenance and repair services to cotton mills in the area.
With the decline of the industrial mills, SSM diversified to provide metal parts to a wide range of users. Investment in modern computer controlled equipment followed to focus on producing quality products with very short lead times in aluminium, stainless steel and all ferrous metals.
TP Group plc purchased the company in January 2015.
The Shaw workshop in the 1960s, when the company specialised in steel constructed vehicle and container parts, corner posts, panels and toolboxes.