Exploring potential value
TPG consultants bridge the gap between concept requirements and the costs and benefits associated with innovative systems.
The typical approach is to carry out a series of activities:
- capture requirements and objectives
- investigate performance and cost drivers
- assess conceptual options
- investigate technology options
- identify preferred solution approach(es)
- define outline solution architecture
- estimate performance and solution costs
- capture regulatory, environmental, technical constraints
- prepare and deliver report
The goal is to determine the business case for proceeding to more detailed engineering work. This is typically based upon a performance gain over time which is balanced against the estimated project costs and constraints as they are known at the time.
A typical study will be completed in a few weeks and is the first, low-risk step in a technology development or adoption process.