TPG D&T is a technology development company that was the first to use gas bearings for high-speed, compact, no-oil turbomachines.
It is an innovative business that develops technologies that are at the heart of performance-enhancing systems in oil and gas production and waste energy recovery.
Compact Compressors And Expanders For Energy And Oil & Gas Markets
As a technology developer, TPG has created a portfolio of patented IP. These technologies are deployed either as:
- a central part of an end-user system, built to serve specific, site-related needs
- the core of a volume commercial product, produced by an OEM with technology licensed to the manufacturer
TPG’s core technologies are:
- compact, oil free compressors
- contactless expanders for energy generation
- rugged and compact electronic drive systems to control electrical machines in harsh environments
TPG technologies have been subject to extensive laboratory, flowloop and field testing with development partners in live gas wells and industrial applications in Europe, the United States and the Far East. An industrial compressor using contactless bearings has been operating on a client site for more than 4 years, accumulating more than 25,000 hours at 60 to 70 thousand rpm, with minimal service or maintenance intervention.
The same technology has been applied in gas production with a landmark test carried out during 2013 in Texas. Three compressors acting together as a multi-stage system ran for 140 hours, more than 6,000 feet underground, in a live gas well.